What makes you tick? Rallying a team together, laying the groundwork that they need to be successful, and continually clearing the obstacles that threaten to derail them from that goal. Setting boundaries and expectations, identifying risk, communicating clearly, and generally making the impossible possible for project success is paramount. You feel a dedication and responsibility both to your project and to your team. You understand the company as a whole, and have a high emotional/interpersonal IQ. You work hard, you’re meticulous, you’re forward thinking, you’re both creative and logical. You’re basically a project management rockstar. No big deal.
What makes us tick? We’re a design and digital agency focused on the convergence of branding, technology, and effectiveness and specializing in the areas of entertainment, sports, destinations, and social change. We thrive on doing excellent cross-media creative work that “moves the meter” for our clients, and is authentic both to them and to ourselves. We band together as a team, and exceed expectations. It feels good… every time.
You know the spiel: we offer medical, dental, and disability coverage, a retirement plan with company matching, paid time off, and the other standards. Here’s what sets us apart: education stipends and continued growth opportunities, wicked company events, paid parking at our downtown office, casual (and dog-friendly!) working environment, and more.
- Work closely with Account Strategists and Associate Directors to ensure that projects are properly scoped and positioned to meet client expectations.
- Create and manage tasks within the project management system ensuring work is on track for milestone dates.
- Manage project budgets, and ensure profitability.
- Manage asset collection.
- Document project evolution and maintain a detailed record of job changes and the impact of those changes.
- Manage cross-department workflow with internal teams of 2-8 people.
- Review all work to ensure it aligns with strategic direction and is fully executed.
- Assure project success.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, able to multi-task in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, and effectively handle multiple projects concurrently with a cool head.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make judgment calls and solve problems independently.
- Proven ability to identify and manage project risk.
- Solid understanding of project management methodology.
- Strong print and digital background.
- High level of knowledge and experience in industry best practices.
- Aesthetic sensibilities and strong attention to detail.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 2-4 years full-time project management experience in an agency or similar environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred fields: communications, marketing, business, computer science, or a related field.
- Experience with project management software.
- Experience in managing print, digital development, and digital marketing projects.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Confidence and poise to deal with many personality types.
- Commitment to continuous process improvements and creative solutions.
- Team player – not afraid to ‘roll up sleeves’ as needed.
- Willing to contribute to our fun, relaxed, yet hard-working culture in an open office setting.