What makes you tick? Solving the puzzle, seeing the unique elements in play and arranging them into a beautiful, final form. Setting boundaries and expectations, identifying risk, communicating clearly and proactively while generally making the impossible possible for project success. You feel a dedication and responsibility both to the agency and to your team. You understand the company as a whole, and have a high emotional/interpersonal IQ. You work hard, you’re meticulous, you’re forward thinking, you’re both creative and logical.
What makes us tick? We’re a design and digital agency focused on the convergence of branding, technology, and effectiveness and specializing in the areas of entertainment, sports, destinations, and social change. We thrive on doing excellent cross-media creative work that “moves the meter” for our clients, and is authentic both to them and to ourselves. We band together as a team, and exceed expectations. It feels good… every time.
You know the spiel: we offer medical, dental, and disability coverage, a retirement plan with company matching, paid time off, and the other standards. Here’s what sets us apart: education stipends and continued growth opportunities, wicked company events, paid parking at our downtown office, casual (and dog-friendly!) working environment, and more.
- Work closely with the account team and associate creative director to assign work and facilitate communication
- Monitor team member meeting obligations and PTO to track in Wrike
- Monitor team workload to identify and solve capacity issues
- Learn team strengths to assist in assigning work effectively
- Develop understanding of common deliverables associated with the creative team in order to better understand requests from AS/PM team members
- Responsible for cursory glance to insure tasks have general information, and request that content be adjusted or updated if need-be
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized, proactive, extremely detail-oriented, able to multi-task in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to make judgment calls and solve problems independently
- Solid understanding of resource management methodology
- Print and digital background
Minimum Job Requirements
- Entry level position, 0-1 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred fields: communications, marketing, business, computer science, or a related field.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new software
- Understanding of print, digital development, and digital marketing projects
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- Confidence and poise to deal with many personality types
- Commitment to continuous process improvements and creative solutions
- Team player – not afraid to ‘roll up sleeves’ as needed
- Willing to contribute to our fun, relaxed, yet hard-working culture in an open office setting